Followers

Sunday, December 4, 2011

"That's just the way he lives!"

The Apartment search of 2011 was not as eventful as the apartment search of 2009. Somehow this time everything seemed like it would work out. I liked the second place I saw and the first place was with my current roommate. The first place was small and the shower head came to my lips. Not good unless you're a little person. Regardless lets move forward to the apartment on Summer street in Somerville. I didn't know what to think because the voice was super shaky. But, I need a place to live so I will check i out. After viewing a somewhat messy apartment I figured to keep looking.

What I found was a nightmare. I went in it smelled like 3 day old pot. Smelled like that faint smell that will never go away. I meet with him and the live in girlfriend. They were kind of befuddled I was there. I was set to meet with the people in the apartment at 6:30 on Friday. I knew from the smell I wasn't going to live there but I can't be a jerk about things. I meet the potential roommate who is around 30 and half of his teeth have rotted out. I go in and view the room. Not what I am looking for. However, he shows me the porch and no less than six inches there is a chair in front of the door. I think common knowledge of placing things would make you believe that the chair should have been placed over to the side. Not this guy. His exact words when I make a comment about the chair, "That's just the way he lives!" . So we view the rest of the house and the more famous words I remember from him at the end was "You know we just hang out, smoke a little pot." Not interested. Here goes the apartment search of 2009 all over again.

On the walk back on the bike path to a place called will I get a text message: "The apartment has been taken. Would you be into us getting a two bedroom like before? Maybe in JP?" His apartment was taken and we ended up with a place together but not JP. These are the things that are called fate!


No comments:

Post a Comment