Followers

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Full Circle


I remember six and a half years ago when I decided to write out a list of places I wanted to move to. I was putting Upstate South Carolina in my rear view and not looking back. The list in order of where I wanted to live was as follows:

1. Chicago
2. Charleston, SC (West Virginia is not an option)
3. Asheville, NC
4. Atlanta
5. Tri-city, NC (Raliegh-Durham-Chapel Hill)
6. Columbia, SC (I visited a couple of friends there and realized it wasn't for me)
7. Boston

Irony is that I only put Boston here because my current roommate got a job with a company here and I thought that he could have gotten me on (He did). Therefore six years later I am where I am now. There have of course been a lot of times where I thought I would never make but alas I am still here. However something was quite startling yesterday while shopping at Trader Joe's in Cambridgeport. I ran into the first girl I ever went on a date with in Boston. Do I remember the details of everything? No, but I remember that our first date was at trident and our second date was just down the street at a Tapas place. Somehow she remembers who I am and I vaguely remember who she is. It is vague and I remember the details of how she seemed to be a beautiful socially awkward soul. We caught up for a moment. She said she hadn't seen me in three years but I know it had been six. Regardless I feel like something has completely circled itself. I look and see how I got here and question if it is the way I should get somewhere else. Right now I am not in the same place though my roommate may leave in the spring. Right now I like where I live and I am happy with the people in my life. I'm happy with the outcome of the situation but will I need something more? It's a tough question to ask. I'm finding a book from my past of goals I wanted to attain. Ironically I was more entertained by the letter from a friend I found in it...

The good friends I have down South are not much different than my friends here and if you know me deeply you know my fondness of maps.


No comments:

Post a Comment