Followers

Monday, November 14, 2011

In Stride!

Tonight I decided to do the very first Lululemon run at the pru. It was good to see my fellow friends Andrew, Scott, Chris, Andy, Martin, and Brian. I also ran into a person I have not ran into in a long long time who used to occasionally run with the Somerville Striders and made a couple of new friends tonight. It was a crisp and cool night. A lot of clouds and no stars in sight.

I'm usually one to dart out at the beginning only to be caught up with and passed by a lot. Ask anyone who I feel like most pass me but that isn't always the case. I'll be faster than some. If I wasn't a 250 lb tub of lard in High School then I could have been a 100 meter sprinter. Probably would have won a few races maybe but I can't change the past. I also can't change the fact that gravy was a part of every other meal my mother and father made. However tonight I tried to hold back on the start. I did the chicken dance from Arrested Development. I just tried to take it in stride. For a while I was in the lead. I'm not a super fast runner. I run 5ks in between 22:30 and 24:00. It really depends on how I feel and what I have in me. Tonight was different though. There was a sense of running just to run. No timing, No Garmin, Just the run. And for once it was....Refreshing. I found myself breathing easy and not wanting to stop. I found myself hungry and wanting to keep going. I found myself. I've been dealing with small injuries as of late. My ankle seemed very sore this morning. The top of my left foot has been dealing with tendinitis for the past three weeks. However tonight I was free. I felt that I could have ran forever. I found myself catching up and passing people. It was thrilling and at the end there were some delicious apps waiting at the Back Bay Social Club. It was different than the Guinness stew and pasta that I have accustomed myself to on Mondays for the past year and a half. I feel re-energized. I feel ready. Let's do this. I signed up for Cambridge 5k tonight. This means I won't do the Jingle bell run. I however think if I train and prepare myself well enough then a PR is in order. These things get louder...

No comments:

Post a Comment