Followers

Monday, April 30, 2012

Chicago (Part 1)

Some of you may know that my very first run of the year was 10 miles. Ironically what no one knows that last year I never did a run that equaled 10 miles for the full year of 2011. This year I've done 26.2 but not so officially. Well October 9th I get my chance to do it officially in Chicago. Chicago has a lot of meaning to me in so many weird ways. I feel like I grew up with WGN though I grew up in South Carolina. I always wanted to be on the bucket game with Bozo the Clown. The Cubs were my second favorite baseball team. I always wanted to go there and when I was making a list of places to move it was on the top of my list. So Alas Chicago has a place in my heart. I have completed Boston. I made it more of a fun experience. I know that now it is time to be serious. I need to work on myself much harder than I have before. I know I need to lose around 20-25 lbs. Where there was only one 20 mile run there will now be three. Where my training for Boston started on January 1 my training for for Chicago will start in June and go right through the summer. If you ask my parents I've been running too much (maybe) and drinking too much beer. Maybe I should go ahead and cut out some of the beer. Summer heat may also allow me to lose a little bit of weight as well. We'll see. The hotel room for a few days is set but maybe I should ask friends if I can couch surf for a couple of extra days to enjoy the experience. I also need to get the plane ticket but for right now I have a one month rest period where I should enjoy the smaller races in life. The 5k and 10k races. Enjoy them because the road over the summer will be longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment